Job Opening: Events Manager
Events Manager in Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Events Manager contributes to the success of One Hope United by providing strategic event planning from conception to execution. As a key member of the Advancement Division, the Events Manager reports to the Director of Advancement, and works closely with organizational leadership to increase donor engagement, ensure excellent experiences, and achieve event success.
Job Duties Include:
- Plan and execute all fundraising events including, but not limited to, the annual spring event, golf outing, fall fundraiser, and Giving Tuesday
- Work collaboratively with board members, key donors, and community volunteers to ensure independent events have required operational support
- Provide support for internal organization-wide staff events
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff, and Advancement staff to execute the annual meeting and board retreat
- Establish major and principal gift engagement and prospect events, including site tours and receptions
- Manage all aspects of event operations, including systems, volunteers, vendors, and budgets
- Work closely with all members of the Advancement team and others to ensure event assets, timelines and goals are produced and met
- Along with organizational leadership, set annual calendar of events, and outlines budgets, needs, key contributors, and outcomes
- Related college degree preferred
- 2-3 years event planning and execution
- Event budget creation, volunteer management, and vendor sourcing/management
- Working with various levels of organizational leadership
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record with One Hope United’s required levels of coverage for auto insurance
- Ability to use and/or introduce digital tools to enhance productivity, streamline processes, and ensure smooth experience for attendees
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently to produce high quality results, and manage multiple clients, projects, and vendors
- Strong attention to detail and a good aesthetic sense
- Comfortable with providing direction for creative assets, venue set-up, and program schedule
- Discretion regarding sensitive and confidential material
- Ability to initiate and manage relationships with internal and external partners at all levels, communicating with professionalism
- A keen sense of accountability and exceptional project management skills; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and a strong drive to meet and exceed event goals
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector, fundraising, and donor engagement methods
- Proficient with Mac, MS Office, and event software
We Invest in You!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, employer contributing retirement plan, health savings account, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
A Different Kind Of Employer – One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency– strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. One Hope United participates in e Verify.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from One Hope United, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.