Extreme Cold Leads to Closures in Northern IL on January 30
The weather conditions indicate that it will be unsafe to be outdoors for even brief periods in the Northern Illinois region beginning tonight and lasting until Thursday. As a result, One Hope United has determined the following for Wednesday, Jan. 30:
- 24-Hour Residential Programs will operate as scheduled.
- All Child Care & Early Education Centers will be CLOSED, following their local school districts.
- All other OHU offices in Northern Illinois will be CLOSED.
The full list of closures is as follows:
- Aurora Early Learning Center CLOSED
- Bridgeport I Child Development Center – Chicago CLOSED
- Bridgeport II Child Development Center – Chicago CLOSED
- Busy Bee Children’s Center CLOSED
- Therapeutic Day School – Lake Villa CLOSED
- Des Plaines Child Development Center CLOSED
- Edgewater Early Learning Center – Chicago CLOSED
- Elgin Child & Family Resource Center CLOSED
- Glenview School Age Program CLOSED
- Greenbay Home Visiting Program CLOSED
- Gurnee CLOSED
- Joliet – Placement CLOSED
- Joliet Early Learning Center CLOSED
- Kenwood CLOSED
- O’Hare Child Development Center CLOSED
- Richardson House – Lake Villa CLOSED
- St. Charles CLOSED
- Sprouted – Wilmette CLOSED
- Wabash – Chicago CLOSED
- Waukegan Early Learning Center CLOSED
As of now, all programs and offices plan to resume normal operations on Thursday, Jan. 31.