Go Blue 4 OHU for Child Abuse Prevention Month!
One Hope United Kicks Off 4th Annual “Go Blue 4 OHU” Restaurant Collective, Dine Out and Do Good During National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Some of the hottest city and suburban restaurants are participating in One Hope United’s month-long event. Diners visiting Go Blue 4 OHU restaurants will have the opportunity to purchase a featured Go Blue food or beverage item with a percentage of sales being donated to One Hope United’s programs to prevent child abuse.
See participating restaurants BELOW or visit onehopeunited.org/goblue for complete list!
“One Hope United is thrilled to welcome a growing number of restaurants that have joined Go Blue 4 OHU and will be encouraging guests to support the programs that help prevent child abuse in our communities,” says the organization’s new President and CEO, Charles Montorio-Archer.
“These restaurant owners are pillars in our communities, giving back in so many generous ways. They understand that everyone plays a role in providing families and children with a life without limits,” added Montorio-Archer.
Reflecting that giving spirit are owners such as Dino Perez, at Rio’s D’Sudamerica Peruvian restaurant in Bucktown. Perez was a supporter of One Hope United even before becoming one of the founding Go Blue partners five years ago. Perez has hosted a Career Day for OHU’s WINGS program for teen parents, where he helped young women explore career and entrepreneurship opportunities in hospitality.
Another generous restaurateur is the West Loop’s Cafe Ciao owner Julie Chung. Her restaurant may have a small footprint, but she has a giant heart. Cafe Ciao is the organization’s biggest Go Blue 4 OHU supporter for the last two years, donating 100% of proceeds from featured wine flights to One Hope United. Chung and has spent years developing a deep understanding of the organization’s early learning programs, information which she shares with her guests.
The Go Blue 4 OHU Restaurant Collective includes a fun element of competition for any Instagrammer who loves to post and share photos of menu items from their favorite bistros or bars.
You’ll have the chance to win fabulous prizes, including gift certificates from participating establishments by tagging #GoBlue4OHU in their posts. Follow One Hope United on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/onehopeunited/ and see details at https://onehopeunited.org/goblue.
Here is the full list of ways OHU will be recognizing the restaurants and diners who participate throughout the month of April:
- Most money raised – Awarded to the Go Blue restaurant partner that provides the largest financial contribution to One Hope United
- Most Go Blue items sold – Highest number of Go Blue items sold by a Go Blue restaurant partner
- Friend of One Hope United – Restaurant who goes above and beyond to promote the Go Blue campaign to diners and spread the word about the cause
- Instagram Contest Winner – Diner who visits the most restaurants and tags featured items on Instagram with #GoBlue4OHU (Instagram profile must be public to win)
Restaurants participating in Go Blue 4 OHU 2019
Keep checking here for new restaurant’s joining One Hope United’s efforts to raise funds to prevent child abuse. All locations in Chicago unless otherwise noted.
- Ambrosia Euro-American Patisserie (Barrington)
- Arbella (River North)
- Beatrix (River North, Streeterville, Fulton Market)
- Bijan’s Bistro (River North)
- Bombay Wraps (Lakeview)
- The Brunch Café (St. Charles, Huntley, Niles, Roselle, Fox River Grove, McHenry)
- Ciao! Café & Wine Lounge (West Loop)
- Chez Moi (Lincoln Park)
- Coco Pazzo Cafe (Streeterville)
- Cupitol (Streeterville and Evanston)
- Fabulous Freddie’s Italian Eatery (Bridgeport)
- Farraguts on Clark (Andersonville)
- Franco’s Ristorante (Bridgeport)
- Elgin Public House (Elgin)
- Gaslight Bar & Grille (Lincoln Park)
- Gigi’s Kitchen (Bucktown)
- Half Sour (South Loop)
- Jellyfish (Gold Coast)
- McNally’s Irish Pub (St. Charles)
- MORA (Bolingbrook and Oak Park)
- Portillo’s (location[s] TBA)
- Rio’s d’Sudamerica (Bucktown)
- The Royal Grocer & Co. (Bucktown)
- Slurping Turtle (River North)
- Tanta (River North)
- TRIA (Bridgeport)
- Victory Italian (River North)
- Vintage 53 (St. Charles)
One Hope United is excited to welcome DiningOut Chicago, as our media sponsor – Chicago’s premier print and online source for the best reporting on the city’s culinary scene. DiningOut Chicago offers a unique brand of in-depth, thoughtful lifestyle stories combined with highlights of Chicago’s vibrant restaurant landscape. Throughout April, DiningOut will highlight the many tasty options guests can enjoy by participating in Go Blue 4 OHU while helping prevent child abuse.
About One Hope United
One Hope United is a private human service organization that offers a diverse array of prevention, intervention and community-based programs including early education, foster care, adoption, residential, and other support services. What began in 1895 as a children’s home in Chicago now serves 9,000 children and families each year in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida and employs nearly 800 passionate and talented professionals. For more information, please visit http://www.onehopeunited.org.