Healthy Families Illinois (HFI)
The One Hope United Healthy Families Illinois (HFI) program works with first-time parents to promote strength-based parenting skills and family bonds. Services begin during pregnancy or within two weeks after the birth of a child, and provide valuable information on parenting issues, educational opportunities, child development, parent-child bonding, teen parenting and family goals/support plans. In-home visits are scheduled based on family need and can range from multiple visits/week to one visit/month.
- Assessment of family’s strengths and needs.
- Assistance in accessing community resources.
- Assistance in enhancement of family functioning by building trusting relationships, teaching problem-solving skills and improving family’s support system.
- Promotion of positive parent-child interaction.
- Assistance in reducing the likelihood of incidents of child abuse and neglect in Lake County.
Who is Eligible
First-time parents age 14 or older who reside in
Lake County are eligible.
There is no cost to families in the program.
Find a Location
The One Hope United Healthy Families Illinois (HFI) program serves the Lake County, IL communities of North Chicago, Gurnee, Waukegan and Zion. Our main office is located at 2115 Ernie Krueger Cir., Waukegan, IL 60087.
847-245-6800 to schedule a visit.