Introducing Our Updated Values
One Hope United has been helping children and families reach their full potential for over 120 years. While our dedication to this goal has never wavered, the way we express it has evolved along with our methods for reaching it.
Last year, we updated our mission and vision:
One Hope United increases opportunities for children and families by providing quality solutions that enhance lives, communities and futures.
For every child and family, life without limits.
Building on the mission and vision, this year we took on updating our values. We wanted these to be more than just words on a page – they needed to reflect who we are today and help guide our decisions, big and small, about how we do our work.
For that, the values had to feel authentic, honor our history, and guide us toward realizing our ambitious vision. To that end, we sought broad input from our staff and board, and shared these for feedback both virtually and through in-person discussions at 10 different locations.
We’re enthusiastic about the positive response we’ve had and excited to now share our updated values with the world!
- Do the Right Thing. We serve the best interests of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute. We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another. We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Turn Hope into Action. We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day. We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving. We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.