Success by 6
Success By 6 Home Visiting Program
The goal of the Success By 6® Home Visiting Program is simple: to prepare children for bright futures through promoting good health, proper development and growth, and a sound education.
This program is offered free of charge by United Way of Lake County thanks to the generosity of the Abbott Fund. In partnership with One Hope United and the Lake County Health Department, the Home Visiting Program provides important educational information to families during twice-monthly visits by a One Hope United caseworker.
Additionally, a registered nurse from the Lake County Health Department Public Health Nursing Program provides home visits, which include social, physical and developmental assessments, nutrition and dental referrals, safety and parenting education, health monitoring; and general family health information. Nurses and caseworkers nurse bring all information to client homes and a time that is mutually convenient for both parties.
What Happens During a Visit?
The Success By 6® Home Visiting Program uses a unique learn-by-doing approach, allowing children to explore and build an understanding of the world while helping parents learn how to become their child’s first teacher.
The Program Includes:
- Dramatic play
- Sand and water
- Toys and games
- Music and movement
- Pregnant women with at least one child who is 3 to 5 years old.
- Parents with a child under 12 months and at least one child who is 3 to 5 years old.
- Families must be eligible to receive services from the Lake County Health Department.
- Families must reside in Waukegan, North Chicago, or Zion School Districts.
How Will the Program Benefit Your Family?
- Encourages reading to children and offers access to a lending Library for books to read with your family.
- Works with parents in teaching children the alphabet and counting, as well as recognition of numbers, shapes, names and colors, to prepare them for entering kindergarten.
- Assists in completing growth screenings with children to make sure they are developing on target with their age group. Parents learn new activities engage with children at each stage of their development.
- Shares additional information about community resources available to you and your family.
Find a Location
The One Hope United Success by 6 program serves the Lake County, IL communities of North Chicago, Gurnee, Waukegan and Zion. Our main office is located at
2115 Ernie Krueger Cir., Waukegan, IL 60087
847-245-6800 to schedule a visit.