Job Opening: Toddler Teacher
Toddler Teacher in Elgin, IL
“We are such an inclusive organization, we don’t turn anybody away. Everybody is welcome. Working here, I feel like family. I’ve never felt so appreciated working in a place before. They really take care of you here, listen to your concerns and act on them. It’s just amazing! And it’s really easy to make it amazing when the people you work with are amazing.”
Shari Conley, Joliet Early Learning Center (Joliet, IL)
Culture of Care
The ELCD program at OHU is known for its closely-knit teams who often work together for years at a time! The team members join their shared love of educating young children towards creating a warm and positive working environment. New employees who come from a corporate environment quickly fall in love with the atmosphere at an OHU child development center!
What you would be doing:
- Your first priority in this role would be providing a nurturing setting for our toddlers (and their parents!)
- Engaging your skills and imagination in creating learning centers that are attractive and exciting to our children.
- Enjoy partnering with co-teachers to develop and implement best practices
- You would create a warm and welcoming environment
- You would have the joy of encouraging our toddlers to engage, discover, and learn to solve problems
- Collaborate in an ongoing fashion with parents and families
- You would work as a team with the Lead Teacher in the infant and toddler classrooms to implement day to day activities
What you can expect from us:
- OHU program leaders work to provide warm and supportive leadership that flexes around your life as much as possible when needed
- A flexible full-time schedule
- Staff Celebrations (including weekly lunches!)
- Ongoing professional development tailored to yours and your classroom needs
- If you desire to advance in your career over time, program leaders will work with you to do so (OHU has 5 child development centers in the Chicagoland area!)
- You will be part of a center that grows programs in keeping with the community needs
- You will also be part of a well-respected company (OHU is 125 years old!) that has a seat in community partnerships
In addition, you will receive the following benefits:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- 3 time off banks! Up to 4 weeks paid vacation days; up to 6 paid personal days and up to 5 paid sick days annually
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement, flexible spending accounts, short-term disability options
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse and Child(ren)
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term disability after 1 year of employment
What we will expect of you:
- One of the following is required:
- 6 college credits in Early Childhood Education & 60 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university related to child care and/or child development
- Associates degree or higher from accredited college/university related to child development, child care, family consumer science
- One year (1560 clock hours) child development, childcare, nursery school, or licensed day care center with 30 semester hours from an accredited college/university
- One year of professional experience working with children in a child care or school setting preferred
One Hope United does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. OHU participates in eVerify.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from One Hope United, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.