OHU’s WINGS services help new parents adjust to the responsibilities of parenthood. Targeted for new and expecting parents, WINGS works to build trusting relationships, teach problem-solving skills, and enhance family dynamics as a preventive measure against child abuse and neglect.
- In-home visitations based on family needs.
- Assessment of family’s strengths and needs.
- Parent support and education.
- Physical and mental health support for immediate family members.
- Prenatal and neonatal education.
- Assistance in locating educational opportunities.
- Assistance in accessing community resources.
Who is Eligible?
WINGS is available to parents between the ages of 16 and 23 from the prenatal period until the child reaches age of 3 (Cook County) or 5 (Lake County).
There is no cost to families for WINGS services.
Funded by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, Cardinal Health Foundation, McCormick Foundation, United Way of Lake County